On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Bob Tregilus <v2g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Roman -
>
> Yes, I was aware of the need to open an issue at
> <https://redmine.darktable.org/projects/darktable/issues/new>.
>
> The camera I'm trying to get samples uploaded to <raw.pixls.us> is for the
> new Sony ILCE-7RM3, not the DSC-RX10M3.
Ah!

> The ILCE-7RM3 just started shipping in Europe and Asia last month and a few
> are beginning to be shipped in the U.S., where I live. (I just ordered one,
> but it looks like it will be a few weeks before it arrives. A friend had one
> on preorder early, so he may get it in a week or so and I'll be able to get
> the samples at that time. It's an extremely popular camera that people are
> really going nuts over. So if at all possible, it really should be included
> in the upcoming 2.4.0 release--if at all possible. Of course, I understand
> if it's too late for this release.)
If the full sample set will be uploaded before the 2.4.0 final, then
it will fit.

> So I've been lobbying various forums to try and get someone to upload the
> requisite samples to <raw.pixls.us>, after which, I had planned to open an
> issue at <https://redmine.darktable.org/projects/darktable/issues/new>.
I think there are 4 samples needed:
* compressed 14bit
* uncompressed 14bit
* compressed 12bit (high FPS shooting?)
* uncompressed 12bit

As usual, the all the samples need to have the same content,
and the scene and the camera should be as static as possible.

> Is that the correct process given I can't submit the samples myself as yet?
As long as the samples are uploaded by the person who owns the samples,
and not reuploaded e.g. from some review site, i don't see the problem.

> Thanks for your help!
>
> Bob
> in Reno, NV
Roman.