I use git master. That is the output:

darktable-cmstest version 2.5.0+315~gbd094e2
this executable was built with colord support enabled
darktable itself was built with colord support enabled

couldn't locate primary CRTC!
CRTC for screen 0 CRTC 1 has no mode or no output, skipping
CRTC for screen 0 CRTC 2 has no mode or no output, skipping
CRTC for screen 0 CRTC 3 has no mode or no output, skipping
CRTC for screen 0 CRTC 4 has no mode or no output, skipping
CRTC for screen 0 CRTC 5 has no mode or no output, skipping

DVI-D-0    the X atom and colord returned the same profile
    X atom:    _ICC_PROFILE (0 bytes)
    colord:    "(none)"

Better check your system setup
 - some monitors lacked a profile
You may experience inconsistent color rendition between color managed applications

Geeqie determines correct profile without problems. GIMP seems not to have problems too.

With respect,
Alexander Rabtchevich