> sturmflut wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> it looks like neither colord nor the X11 atom hold your display profile.
>> AFAIK Cinnamon doesn't have built-in Color Management.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Simon

---

Hi -

Yes, Cinnamon has color management: System Settings > Color (under the
hardware catagory).

I had no problem creating a profile with DisplayCAL, but I as I recall it
failed to install globally with the DisplayCAL installer. But I was able to
install the profile with Cinnamon's color management tool noted above.

Previously, I ran Mint's KDE desktop and I use to have a lot of problems
with color profiles when they went to version 5. Colord no longer worked
with v5.* and (I think) development stopped on it until recently? Whatever.
Mint killed their KDE version, so after ~20 years on KDE I'm now using
Cinnamon, a desktop, which, for the first time in several years, I had
nearly no problem creating and installing a color profile.

Hope that helps!
Bob

---