On Saturday, September 22, 2018 2:32:16 AM CEST Aurélien Pierre wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Aurélien,

> I'm to add the ASC CDL mode (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASC_CDL) in
> RecRGB 2020 into the colorbalance module.
>
> I have seen the prototype of the code for color wheels, from Tobias, and
> the comment :
>
>     // these are not in a state to be useful. but they look nice. too
>     bad i couldn't map the enhanced mode with
>     // negative values to the wheels :(
>
> What exactly didn't work ? If the problem is merely mathematical, I can
> work on it. I'm just bad at GUIs and GTK stuff.
>
> On another note, is it mandatory to make the adjustement in sRGB ? (why
> not a larger RGB space ?)

Oh, this sounds interesting, I use that module to fix color casts in
nightphotography shots and haven't found a better way. However often it
doesn't work that well and I woul with that the tone curve would have R G B
channels to modify. I find it often really hard to modify a and b in L*a*b.