I recently started using very shot fisheye lenses (12-14mm) for event photography. The idea is that you will never catch the right angle/composition/moment all together at a wedding/party etc.

Afterwards, you undistort the images and crop to the region with the best composition, to obtain a FOV more like 35mm or 50mm.

The problem is that you also want to shift the image around in the distorted space before undistorting & cropping. Not after.

Basically change the center, before undistorting so you don't get the extreme proportional changes at the edges of the image (which may, because of the region you crop to, end up much closer to the center afterwards).

Would it make sense/be possible to add a horizontal/vertical shift to the lens undistort module for this?
If so, I'd create a feature request in the tracker with some example RAWs.

Beers,

.mm