Hi,

Am 16.04.19 um 19:51 schrieb rawfiner:
Currently, the place where big changes should be discussed is IRC (according to houz, as I have not seen this information anywhere, which is problematic as new contributors may make big changes, so they have at least to be able to know where is the place to discuss things).
I think IRC is not convenient at all.

I would like to discuss why I think making these discussion on IRC is bad, and what alternatives we have.

rawfiner draws our attention to some very important issue here. Discussing darktable on very different channels is inefficient. We should consolidate discussions about darktable development to a single channel.

I completely agree with the pros and cons mentioned by rafiner. I do not use IRC for the reasons mentioned by rawfiner. I do use, however, github, as it is the most convenient platform for me. I would invest even more time to participate in discussions on github if this would be the commonly accepted platform for discussions on darktable development.

Nevertheless, I am also aware of the potential drawbacks of relaying too heavily on the github platform. Possibly, we should redirect people to https://redmine.darktable.org/

        Heiko

--
-- Number Crunch Blog @ https://www.numbercrunch.de