Hi,

I have a PR waiting with a possible fix :
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/3068

I have tested dt 3.0rc0 on Mac OS (temporary access to a MacBook) and
fixed the oversizing with dpi set to 80 too. But I reproduced. Same way,
the fonts in tone-equalizer are oversized.

But I have no access to a development environment either on Mac or Win,
so it's really tiring to remote-debug what's going on based on guesses.

Setting font size to 1em should tell GTK to use the default OS font
size, no matter its value. Seems to work on Win and Linux, but not on
Mac for some reason. Maybe Mac returns a font size that is already
scaled by the DPI factor, so it gets applied twice.

Anyway, it would be nice if we had more debugging workforce on these
godforsaken OS.

Aurélien.

Le 05/11/2019 à 20:23, Nicolas Auffray a écrit :
> Hi Timur,
>
> Real size of 1em is 13.333333px on my OS (with default OS font on 10
> size). If I increase my OS font on 11 size, the size of 1em become
> 14.666666. 1em = 1.33333333px, so just the normal behaviour.
>

> Le 05/11/2019 à 19:57, Timur Irikovich Davletshin a écrit :
>> Hi, Nicolas!
>>
>> Don't take offense, I'm not yelling :)
>>
>> But can you tell me, what is real size of 1em (used in your theme too)
>> in GTK/Linux and GTK/MacOS?
>>
>> Thanks for your work on themes, btw.
>>
>> Timur.
>>
>> On Tue, 2019-11-05 at 19:49 +0100, Nicolas Auffray wrote:
>>> Many people I know use darktable, even on Linux correctly. And I'm
>>> the
>>> author of grey theme so work a lot on the UI and made many tests on
>>> my
>>> system. I never had issue you relate, even on my previous 27" full
>>> HD
>>> screen, my Macbook Pro retina 13" or my new 24" WQHD screen. So that
>>> would say it's about a specific config (probably darktable default
>>> theme
>>> as it's OS font size related). So with no more details (screen
>>> resolution, theme used, default OS font (font used and size)
>>> especially
>>> if you use darktable theme), that would be difficult to help and