Bruce,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it looks like that doesn't do what
I'm looking for. Edits made on one computer don't show up on the other
computer (I think it's because they are only sharing the photo files, not
the library database).

Here's what I tried:

Mount remote disk over sshfs.
Select images. -> Make local copy.
Edit image.
"Resync local copies"

When I open darktable on the other computer, those edits are nowhere to be
seen, even if I request to "resync local copies."

Does it matter how I have the remote directory mounted (using sshfs)? Is
darktable attempting to detect whether storage is remote (NFS or SAMBA)?

Thanks,
Owen