* Owen Mays <r.owen.m...@gmail.com> [12-14-19 17:03]:
> Bruce,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it looks like that doesn't do what
> I'm looking for. Edits made on one computer don't show up on the other
> computer (I think it's because they are only sharing the photo files, not
> the library database).
>
> Here's what I tried:
>
> Mount remote disk over sshfs.
> Select images. -> Make local copy.
> Edit image.
> "Resync local copies"
>
> When I open darktable on the other computer, those edits are nowhere to be
> seen, even if I request to "resync local copies."
>
> Does it matter how I have the remote directory mounted (using sshfs)? Is
> darktable attempting to detect whether storage is remote (NFS or SAMBA)?
>
> Thanks,
> Owen
>

> On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 12:29 PM Bruce Williams <stu...@audio2u.com> wrote:
>
> > Owen,
> > Have you looked at using the "local copies" feature?
> > That might be a safer alternative.
> > Just a thought.
> > Cheers,
> > Bruce Williams.

to edit files on more than one computer, it is very important to follow a
strict regimen.  network access your library and files being careful to
only edit from one box at a time (easy to just use seat) or, utilize
  library = :memory:
on the less utilized box making sure to save xmp files
and import the edited files on the main box.

this will keep your library up to date.

I utilize both of these methods one time or another successfully.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode