Thanks for the answer.
I don't know for LR, I don't have it. I can understand that you try to match
exposure between LR and DT for the situations where users want to import images
and their treatment in DT, and not have to tweak the results too much to obtain
what they had in LR.
The problem I see with this method is very specific to the use I have of the
xmp files (timelapse with the Ramperpro controller): those xmp files and the
exposure correction they convey are used to smooth the exposure over the series
of images. Indeed, since the cameras, when not in bulb mode, use 'discrete'
exposure time (say, 1/100s, 1/80s but not 1/90s for example), those exposure
corrections compensate for that and smooth the exposure all along the series.
So, if the exposure compensation is modified, I suspect (but have not checked,
yet) it's going to ruin the objective. I hope my explanations are not too
confusing. Anyway, this is certainly a border case, and you should favor the
majority of use cases: make the import from LR to DT consistent.

But if you don't mind, I'll give my feeling about the method. I'm surprised
that the parameter which is tweaked to match LR and DT results is the exposure
compensation. Indeed, exposure compensation is, at least to me, a parameter
that can be physically explained and calculated (because totally correlated to
physical and camera parameters such as ISO, time, aperture). And I would expect
this parameter (and maybe only this one) to be consistent across the various
softwares.
There are so many parameters that can have an impact on the results**, that I
wouldn't touch exposure compensation which is the only one with a 'physical'
meaning.

** such as a very small tweak of the base curve. For all the cameras I have
(Nikon D700, D810 and Panasonic LX100) I never use the default base curve for
that matter.

I hope you see my point. I don't mean to be negative. Thank you so much anyway!
Denis