On 12/04/2016 16:24, Stéphane Gourichon wrote:
> I like this "dream".
>
> Yes, if one implements one external window, why not allow several ones
> that the user can place and/or tile at their leisure.

This recall the blender model, where I can subdivide the working area
into several windows (frames) and save them as scene.
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Interface/Window_system/Arranging_frames

But I'm not sure it's easy to implement and (most important) I can't
talk about computational resources.
I mean, could be  easy  (?)  move settings panel to other windows/frames
but what about have several detail of hard processed image in several
windows?

Ivan