Le lundi 09 mai 2016 à 21:29 +0200, KOVÁCS István a écrit :
> Why not use the OS to take care of this? Create a directory on the
> new drive, move the collection, create a symlink or mount your new
> file system so that it appears at the same path as the old one.
> Of course you can use the symlink approach even for partial moves.

Because this is just asking for trouble. Why makes things complicated
(symlinks) and play trick behind darktable????? Just to mess the system
and at some point have troubles???

Frankly I have helped many users with Lightroom and darktable. There is
single rule to avoid troubles:

   Never Ever move anything outside of the Lightroom or darktable.

I'm tired of answering people:

  - why I can't edit my picture?
  - why I see skulls on the lightable?

My 2 cents :)

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B