On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 10:40:23 -0500
Owen Mays <r.owen.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I apologize if this is a dumb question (I've never used Lightroom),
>but how is using tags different from a "virtual collection"? You can
>even create nested tags, so you could have a category called "my
>virtual collections" and then tags below that.

Lightroom has collections and virtual copies (of images), which is
different.

A virtual copy can belong to a different collection than the original
collection, and can have different processing.

For example:

1. original processed ==> nice image

2. virtual copy for web ==> collection set (group of collections) webs
2.1 web export from virtual copy: around 1000px with watermark
(sub-collection: exports watermarks)
2.2 web export: around 1000px without watermark (sub-collection:
export w/o watermarks)
2.3 web export pinterest (sub-collection: exports pinterests)

3. virtual copy for print ==> collection set (group of collections)
prints
3.1 print: machine 8x10 ==> sub-collection print-8x10
3.2 print: lightjet 8x10 ==> sub-collection print-lightjet 8x10

Each image in the sub-collections is a virtual copy with different
settings from the original, from the cropping/framing to different
contrast...

Is there a way of doing something like that with tags?

Thanks

--
sknahT

vyS