Hi,

I agree not to manage the physical files from darktable.
The whole workflow being something very personal, everybody will ask for a
feature.

I think it is better tp have a separate project for that.
You can use some scripts (bash/perl, what you want) or an existing
software, i.e : rapid photo downloader :
http://www.damonlynch.net/rapid/download.html

I use some scripts to transfer from the card reader, rename on the fly,
sort the files, backup them on a nas. Then I use darktable to develop my
raw, and finally, if needed, I use Gimp for pixel level retouching.

I'm testing rapid photo downloader which does the same as my scripts. The
0.4.11 version does the same and works. There is a 0.9.0a4 version... I
still have problems with it.

Regards

Jean-Luc