heya,

i'm glad you asked :) i suppose you can try using the bilateral filter
smoothing in the current shadows/highlights module, use some
parametric blending based on the sky colours, or try something with
the equalizer (that uses an edge-aware algorithm).

however, i also have a module in very experimental stage with a simple
slider that should `just work'. so if you have any particularly
challenging samples for me to test this on that would be great!

cheers,
 jo