Le 08/12/2016 à 17:55, Tim Rolph a écrit :
On Thursday 08 Dec 2016 08:13:27 Robert Krawitz wrote:
On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 12:08:52 +0100, =?UTF-8?Q?St=c3=a9phane_Gourichon?=
wrote:
Here's the parameter dump:
* disable base curve
* disable profiled denoise
* RAW noise reduction, default parameters
RAW noise reduction, unfortunately, won't help in my case, since my
original is a JPEG.  Shooting RAW isn't very practical at a game where
I might shoot 2500 frames.

https://rlk.smugmug.com/Photography/DarktableRawTherapee/
https://rlk.smugmug.com/Sports/Basketball/MIT-SarLaw-mbb-20161126/i-chq2xjG/
Try NeatImage it's the best I have  found at de-noising non raw images and
its available as a standalone on linux for free. It also makes  use of opencl
/ cuda capabilities so it's quick.

Regarding NeatImage, apparently a Dutch company : https://ni.neatvideo.com/ says "the most advanced noise reduction algorithms in the industry."

https://ni.neatvideo.com/overview/how-does-it-work links to https://ni.neatvideo.com/download/noise-profiles although it looks like there are less profiles than in darktable (well, for Nikon at least). Strange and heavy format.

Speaking of good non-free noise reduction software, how about DXO Optics Pro, then? (Not for Linux, though).

I've seen impressive demos of their PRIME denoiser in the past (and the denoiser before PRIME). Explanations on the current site boil down like profiled non-local means, so the secret sauce must be elsewhere? http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo-software/dxo-opticspro/features/prime

--
Stéphane Gourichon