hi,

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Matthias Bodenbinder
<matth...@bodenbinder.de> wrote:
> Am 18.12.2016 um 07:26 schrieb Tim Rolph:
>> Hi I Just ran a test to compare the same image on PS and dt and PS 10 was
>> equal to 91 in dt and PS 6 was equal to dt 70.
>> This was  just one image tested but the file sizes came out the same.
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Tim.
>
> If that is the case the math is easy: It is 5% for every point in PS
>
> 12 = 100%
> 11 = 95%
> 6 = 70%

i very much doubt the math will work out like this. there is some
quality value in libjpg, but there's also the option when to switch to
sub-sampling chroma and such. as you may have figured, darktable
doesn't usually do this (starts at some arbitrary point i think it is
< 90%). i would expect the photoshop scale to include similar
arbitrary non-linear decisions. this may actually lead to a situation
where you can't map the scales at all.

cheers,
 jo