----- Original Message -----
> Am 26.12.2016 um 18:01 schrieb darkta...@911networks.com:
> >
> > What works for me:
> >
> > once in the z-mode with either Z or CTRL-Z.
> >
> > * Keep the Z or CTRL-Z pressed
> > * press the shift key
> > * release both
> >
> > Now I move to the next image/previous image with just the arrow.
> >
> This is great - the shift-key was new to me. Maybe someone knows a
> little magic key for a 100%-view to check for sharpness?! This is a
> feature I really miss (When in doubt I enter darktable-mode ("d"), press
> Alt-1, then back to lighttable ("l") - but that's quite slow...)

Same here, but you can hardly hope to get a 100% zoom really fast: the
lighttable mode uses only pre-generated previews at different sizes, and
there's usually no 100% preview available. Even if there was, opening a large
jpeg file wouldn't be instantaneous either.

I would actually like dt to keep an in-memory cache of full-resolution images
during navigation to get this "instant 100% zoom", but that's just me dreaming
aloud.

--
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/