> Is the basecurve module activated? What does it look like?

Changing the base curve from "Nikon like" to "Nikon D750" definitely
improved results even if the pic is still duller than Lightroom default and
out-of-the-camera JPG, below a new comparison:

https://www.kajala.com/cmp2.png

So top left Lightroom, top right Darktable with "Nikon D750" base curve,
bottom left "Nikon like" base curve in Darktable and bottom right original
JPG straight from camera.

The results are directly from Darktable screenshot, I have not exported
anything yet.

Thanks for your reply!

Jani