Hi

On 04/02/17 15:29, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> if your old system was /home/me/media
> why not set up your new system the same way, move the photos and
> accompanying xmp files from your old system to the new.  Don't forget to
> move the old /home/me/.config/darktable/* to the new
> /home/me/.config/darktable/
>
> (and maybe ~/.cache/darktable )

old system was /home/me(hdd)/Photos/***/*** etc ( Folders by year, month and sub-project)

new system : home/me(ssd)/media(hdd)/old photos
           : home/me(ssd)/something with current year image folders

I can easily move current year from within DT and preserve the DB that way. The problem is to move /home/me/photos/old_stuff to :
/home/me/media/photos/**/**/** etc

Regards

Francesco