On 03/01/17 14:44, I. Ivanov wrote:
I stumble on this not too long ago

https://patdavid.net/2013/09/faking-nd-filter-for-long-exposure.html

Perhaps if convert has different options as others pointed it may do the
work. And it works with 16 bit TIFF out of DT.

Regards,

On 2017-03-01 07:49 AM, Remco Viëtor wrote:

On mercredi 1 mars 2017 15:56:57 CET darkta...@911networks.com wrote:

(...)

> I would prefer first merge, then use DT. I can easyly convert the raw

> image to 16-bit TIFFs without any processing.

(...)

Well, no, you can't: if you generate a TIFF from your raw, you'll have
at least set the raw black and white point, aplied a demosaicing, an
auto(?) white balance setting, and converted to a colour space. You
might even have an exposition correction applied (depending on how you
do the raw conversion).

If you first do the conversion in DT, you can make sure that all the
images get the exact same development, which will make combining the
images much easier. Especially the WB setting is critical, as it
determines the overall colour tone of your image. So setting this
identical for all images of the series helps in getting a seamless merge.

What I do in such cases is: pick a typical image (usually the
brightest one where I don't want highlight clipping) and develop it
more or less normally.

Make sure the white balance is set to *manual* (you can use the values
auto WB gives you). Then, in the light table, I copy the history stack
of this image to all the others in the series, and export the whole
series as 16-bit PNG. (PNG tends to be a lot smaller than TIFF, with
no loss in functionality for this use).

You could try to convert to tiff and use enfuse from the enblend package.

Urs