Am 31.03.2017 um 05:43 schrieb darkta...@911networks.com:
> Me too, I have had to edit every image selected because I pressed
> the wrong key.

In this thread we're just throwing more complexity (backups, undo in
lighttable) at a problem that arose from DT's user interface.  An
application should protect a user from involuntarily causing damage,
and in that respect DT is an adversary.

IMNSHO the root cause for August's problem is that DT does too much
when moving the mouse pointer.  After clicking on an input field, the
pointer has to stay there, otherwise editing is cancelled.  Another
example [1] is that the selection gets cleared when you move the
pointer "incorrectly".  You can observe this by trying to select and
middle-click paste the path of an image from the image information
pane.  I've been bitten by DT's UI repeatedly.  Honestly I'd prefer it
to be a little bit more traditional.