Thank you very much to all of you for your hints.

I will start to try them out now :-)

Georg

Am 12.04.2017 um 09:49 schrieb Tobias Ellinghaus:
Am Montag, 10. April 2017, 22:38:41 CEST schrieb Dr. Georg Troska:
Hello,
Hi.

[...]

3.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to recover the modifications I did to the
pictures. Luckily I didn't do much, as iPhotos feasibilty is very limited,
but.... Especially, I set thousands of geotags in the picutures manually,
which I would like to keep. I think I would be able with some scriping
magic to read in this information from iPhoto. Is there an easy way to tell
darktable "please use these geotags for these pictures"?  E.g. I saw one
can provide a file with the exif_date and the geotag and darktable will set
the geotag to the corresponding picture. So is it possible to do this on a
larger set of picture (lets say 30k??) How should the fileformat look like?
See if you can get the geotags from iPhoto into XMP files for each picture.
darktable should be able to read those.

[...]

Thanks a lot in advance

Georg