Matt,

> I've been doing some reading about Ubuntu 17.10 and the new Wayland
> display server. It turns out that the NVidia drivers aren't yet
> (very) compatible with that.
> Do any of the NVidia owners among you already have Darktable running
> on Ubuntu 17.10 under Wayland, and are you able to use OpenCL
> acceleration?
> If it doesn't work, I think I'll stick with Ubuntu 17.04 until NVidia
> support for Wayland matures.

Why? You can use 17.10 with plain Xorg as done with 17.04. Those are
completely orthogonal problems. And wait for 17.10 to have proper
support for OpenCL on Wayland.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B