On 2017-01-17 09:50, Šarūnas wrote:
> On 2017-01-16 11:23, Patrick Rudin wrote:
>> schrieb Michael Born <michael.b...@aei.mpg.de>:
>>> I'm running a RX480 with MESA OpenGL (because, I like open source)
>>> and the OpenCL libs from the AMDGPU-PRO driver (see
>>> http://www.gearsongallium.com/?p=2960 )
>>> Darktable works fine with this.
>>
>> Wow, very interesting.
>>
>> Could you please put these two files in the same directory:
>> http://www.mirada.ch/bench.SRW
>> http://www.mirada.ch/bench.SRW.xmp
>>
>> and post the full output of
>> darktable-cli bench.SRW test.jpg --core -d perf -d opencl
>> here?

Haven't seen it noted here, but AMD's open source rocm-opencl[1] now
seems to work fine as far as OpenCL provider for darktable. In my case
it's Kubuntu 17.10, Xorg, AMD RX480, darktable 2.2.5.

I was occasionally running benchmarks on the above provided bench.SRW
with its .xmp settings, when I had access to some different hardware.
Here are some random results:

https://math.dartmouth.edu/~sarunas/darktable_bench.html

Of course the numbers merely useful show that OpenCL works, as there are
many other system variables to be accounted for.

--
Šarūnas Burdulis
math.dartmouth.edu/~sarunas

1. https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm