I’ve tried and compared your icc with mine
as always it’s a battle to get redish parts good, i see, but that’s a
typical canon issue :-)

regards

Op wo 25 okt. 2017 om 06:24 schreef Robert William Hutton <
r...@helms-deep.net>

> On 23/10/17 18:10, Thomas Werzmirzowsky wrote:
> >> Gesendet: Montag, 23. Oktober 2017 um 07:47 Uhr
> >> Von: "Robert William Hutton" <r...@helms-deep.net>
> >> I found creating my own matrix from a Wolf Faust target worked really
> well,
> >
> > Tim Rolph also mentioned the Wolf Faust target but I have to admit that
> looking at the website I don't know what to order. What "Order #" would be
> the right one?
>
> You want the "C1" from this page:
>
> http://www.targets.coloraid.de/
>
> Note how it says "camera (not scanners)" in the "Use with" column.
>
> >> but ultimately decided that having the additional dependency of having
> that profile present if I wanted
> >> to re-edit the images at a later date wasn't worth it, and I do much as
> you do: use the standard
> >> profile. Sometimes also setting the gamut clipping to linear rec2020 is
> a good option as well.
> >
> > I don't really get that. Don't you have to create the profile just once
> and then it's done? As the color mapping should contain all colours it
> shouldn't change from photo shot to phot phot, should it? Or would it be
> needed to create a new matrix for every photo shot just like doing a gray
> card shot for the white balance?
>
> The process is to create an icc file which then goes in your
> ~/.config/darktable/color/in directory.
>   So you can back up your images directory, which gives you your raw and
> xmp files (everything you
> need to regenerate your edits), but the xmp files now depend on a file
> that lives in your home
> directory.
>
> I'm sure you could work around this by putting the icc file with your
> images and symlinking to it or
> something, but I decided it wasn't something I wanted to worry about.
>
> >> I can probably dig up the 60D profile if you'd like to try it.
> >
> > It would be great if you could lookup the profile. I'd like to give it a
> try.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/lupf36wt05m3c5x/Canon_EOS_60D_Standard.icc?dl=0
>
> Regards,
>
> Rob

met vriendelijke groet / kind regards Ger
mailto:g.siemer...@gmail.com website: www.gersiemerink.net