Hi,
In my opinion, appImage are handy to test some applications.
But I think it can be a bit weird on a system if you install many
applications this way.

The correct way to manage a system is to use the packages of the
distribution.
And, if you have the skills, to build yourself packages from source.

Installing the way it is done with appImage can be prone to security
issues: the image is not managed by your distribution and everything
outside is a security issue.

Just my opinion.

J-L