Hi all.

I've been trying to fix my color management workflow for a while, but I've gotten nowhere so far,
I was hoping maybe someone here could help.

What I'm trying to do is get a raw from my camera, edit it in dark table, and then post it on the web,
say on instagram.

I created a monitor profile with DisplayCAL (I'm on ubuntu) and loaded it through the system settings.

My first try was to set the "display profile" in darktable to "system default" which should be my custom profile. If I do that (no matter whether I set the output profile to sRGB or Adobe RGB), the exported images look the same in darktable and the gnome image viewer and in geeqie (with color management turned off).

But once I upload to any website, the colors become desaturated and green.

However, if I set darktable's display profile to "Adobe RGB", the exported image now shows up the same on the web and geeqie with color management set to the system profile. It looks different on the gnome image viewer,
though.

Given that my main goal is to publish on the web, that's the workflow I'm using now, but it seems rather strange to me to set the darktable's display profile to a different profile. Is that the correct workflow? And is there a way to make the colors show the same way in the gnome image viewer?

Thanks,

Andy