On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 21:40:30 +0100
KOVÁCS István <k...@kovacs-telekes.org> wrote:

> I think the focus points recorded in the
> image are often irrelevant, e.g. if you use
> focus-then-recompose.

I guess you are right; this is rather pointless
for cameras not allowing to choose one or
several focus points.

> (I realise this is less of an issue with
> touchscreen focus on MILC and images taken
> with a phone).

I don't use those, but you seem right again.

But in my case, a side effect would be to
detect back/front focus with some lenses more
easily, because, at least in my case, there is
so much time between taking the shot and seeing
it in darktable, that I wouldn't always recall
my settings.