Am Mittwoch, 28. März 2018, 15:59:43 CEST schrieb Michael:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:55 AM, Patrick Shanahan <p...@opensuse.org> wrote:
> > try starting dt as:
> >   mkdir /tmp/dt ;  darktable --library :memory: --configdir /tmp/dt

[...]

>  ~/.config/darktable $ mkdir /tmp/dt ;  darktable --library :memory:
> --configdir /tmp/dt
> [defaults] found a 64-bit system with 8042876 kb ram and 4 cores (0 atom
> based)
>
> (darktable:11345): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error:
> darktable.css:21:14: Using Pango syntax for the font: style property is
> deprecated; please use CSS syntax

[more errors]

If I had to guess I would say that you are using darktable from a third party
repository that is not meant to be used with your OS version. As Robert
suggested, it might be that you are using Ubuntu, have used Pascal's PPA to
install dt and then had an OS update. That tends to disable the PPA so you are
stuck with the old (and incompatible) version of dt you had previously
installed. If that's the case just re-enable the PPA and update your system.

Tobias