Hi to Everyone,

I have been using Darktable for several years, getting good results for my purpose. The last version which I used with no known problems, was v1:1.6.6.0 on my laptop running Ubuntu 13.04.

Now, I have installed Darktable 2.2.5.2~2bpo9+1 on my new desktop (RAM 8 GB, 1GHz processor core 2) running Debian Stretch. On it, same as with the older versions, I treat Canon CR2s by batch of 100 images. At first, I import 100 images, then I apply a style which I have created quite some time ago, re-created on my new version, which style flips the images, corrects the optical defects of my camera, applies the appropriate base curve, sharpens the image, not with the usually dedicated tool but with the equalizer instead, sets the levels to 'automatic' with 52,2% grey and 100% black, all this being applied to the whole batch. Thereafter, I reshape each image cutting out useless areas. This being done, I export the whole batch to jpg at 89% accuracy. As said before, this worked perfectly on Darktable 1:1.6.0... but on Darktable 2.2.5.2 it does not work for all images. On a batch of 100, only 92 images gave good results, the 8 remaining are black. The good images size about 3,5 to 4,6 MB, that is, somewhat less than what I obtained before (which was about 1,5 to 2 times bigger), the black failed images being only abour 150 Kb.

This test has been reproduced about 4 or 5 times over a few weeks, giving similar results in likewise proportions.

Example of Image numbers that turned black :

IMG_7801.CR2 IMG_7801.CR2.xmp  IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7813.CR2 IMG_7813.CR2.xmp  IMG_7813.jpg

Example of Image numbers that turned OK :

IMG_7814.CR2 IMG_7814.CR2.xmp  IMG_7814.jpg

IMG_7815.CR2 IMG_7815.CR2.xmp  IMG_7815.jpg

you can get them this way:

http://bdebreil.free.fr/Darktable/IMG_7801.CR2
http://bdebreil.free.fr/Darktable/IMG_7801.CR2.xmp
http://bdebreil.free.fr/Darktable/IMG_7801.jpg