----- Original Message -----
> From: "Robert William Hutton" <r...@helms-deep.net>

> More memory is good because it allows you to process images through opencl
> without tiling them,
> which is a lot faster. Of course this depends on the resolution of the images
> you need to process,
> but I'd always try to get the most video ram possible.

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious: more memory is more future-proof.

More and more applications are using the GPU for acceleration (window-managers
started doing so ~10 years ago, Firefox is working hard on it these days, ...),
and camera RAW files are getting bigger and bigger. I don't think 2Gb is really
limiting today, but it'd be a pity to save a few bucks today and regret it a
few years from now.

--
Matthieu Moy
https://matthieu-moy.fr/