On 13/05/18 05:36 AM, ternaryd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using darktable with three monitors, but
> have one of them rotated. After some time now
> moving the window from one monitor to another
> depending on the format of the image, I was
> asking myself, if there is a way to have
> darktable do that for me? In an ideal world, I
> would be able to keep the tools and controls on
> one monitor (a cheaper one), and the images,
> according to format on one of the others.

You mean like the way GIMP does it?

I've asked about this and been told  it isn't possible because of the basic
architecture of DT screen handling.

I would love to have a system where the "data" part of an application can be put
on one screen and the "controls" on another.  There are many text editors that
claim to be  things like 'modeless' and with without a control panel or ribbon.
Their logic is that focus on the editing and remove all other distractions.  I'm
not sure that rationalization holds for image editing, but certainly maximizing
image size -- putting it on your largest screen and having nothing else on that
screen -- makes sense.  After all, eve in one screen mode we can *view*, and
*only* view the image by making the left, right, top and bottom panels go away
with the little triangle controls.  So we have a large image but on controls.

Heck, in many applications, LibreOffice, Okular and others, I can 'unlock' the
the tool bar and drag&drop it elsewhere, even on another screen.  Is this an
attribute of the application or of KDE or Gnome?  I think it is the application.

--
"It doesn't matter who votes, it matters who counts the votes"- Joe Stalin