On 2018-05-21 14:11, Аl Воgnеr wrote:
> If you think, it makes sense, I can purge lensfun and darktable and
> install again.

That shouldn't hurt, but I don't know why would that affect reading
settings in ~/.local.

> Do you have files in /var/lib/lensfun-updates/version_1/ or in other
> words, did you execute lensfun-update-data as root?

Yes, I did and files are there.

> Maybe if the update
> is done as root, files in ~/.local/share/lensfun are ignored?

Should not, unless files in ~/.local/share/lensfun happened somehow to
be owned by root (or some other different user) with no read permission
for others.

> On the other hand, there is a file with cropfactor 1 for this lens in
> the lensfun-database, but this is a lensfun-configuration problem IMHO.
> The posted configuration works for me, if the other similar lens
> corrections are removed.
>
> I also wonder which lensfun correction is used, if there is a 2nd
> correction in the file.

I don't see a second entry, only 'alias'. Are you referring to the
'alias' comment in 1.53 cropfactor entry for
'Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG OS'?:

<!-- This is an alias of Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DL Macro.
According to da...@corr.eu.org, they are optically equivalent. -->

It is probably true then that the two lenses are equivalent, but unless
you select the Macro lens manually, the corrections from its entry won't
be applied.

--
Šarūnas Burdulis
math.dartmouth.edu/~sarunas