Jochen Keil (2018-Aug-01, excerpt):
> Is there a way to tell darktable that it should analyze each image on its
> own using the selected spot area for white balance?

I doubt it.  I've been asking for the same thing with respect to
exposure correction (metering a certain region on all images for
neutral gray).  While “exposure” has an automatic mode (which totally
did not work for me), there's no such thing in “white balance”.

Implementing this would require darktable to offer two choices when
copying a setting to another image: Do you want to copy *how* the
change was determined and apply the result (your use case), or copy
the change itself (e.g., copy white balance form one photo of a white
reference to all photos from the same shoot)?  It would be nice to
have this, but it's probably quite nasty to implement in the
details...

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/darktable-user@lists.darktable.org/msg00371.html

--
http://stefan-klinger.de                                        o/X
I prefer receiving plain text messages, not exceeding 32kB.     /\/