Hi Jack,

Could you provide a link to som sort of comparison? That would be very nice.
If you are on facebook, there is a group for darktable users that could be
used.

I do not have problems with sharpness, defaults appears to work quite well for
me, I sometimes use a highpass preset I created, sometimes the equalizer
module, but mostly for extra sharpening with a mask. I'm shooting with a Canon
EOS 7D.

Kindly,
Anders