On Sun, Dec 2, 2018, at 18:34, jys wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 2, 2018, at 10:24, Pascal Obry wrote:
>
> > - new module filmic which can replace the base curve and shadows and
> > highlights
>
> Is there anywhere I can RTFM about this module (or abstract related
> information)? I tried playing around with it, and found it a little
> startling when the curve suddenly "jumps" to something much different at
> a certain point on the various sliders... is this the expected behavior?

Thanks for the pointers to the docs. The jumping curves, etc are much improved
in rc1, and this seems like an interesting approach for cases where I'm not
trying to keep a consistent "vanilla" look by using my calibrated base curve as
a starting point. I notice this module comes a little bit later in the pipe
than I would have expected, given its role... particularly seems odd that it
comes after local contrast.

I'm not suggesting that this is "wrong", I'm just curious about what factors
determined this placement, as opposed to some earlier point after input color
profile?

--
jys