Hi, first of all I have to say that it is a great software and I like a
lot.
Regarding the topic, from my point of view as a relative new user I think
that the lens correction topic could be a pain and makes the learning curve
a bit more step.  In this case would be very helpful to have for example a
setting somewhere: "Apply lens correction by default", (when posible to
apply).
This setting could be active by default (in my opinion) or not. I dont know
if this would have some negative effect in some cases.  I think that other
software and even some cameras do it by default to produce the jpg.
The problem for a new user is that at some point you realize that the lens
correction is not applied to any of your photos (at least it was my case).
Then you click on the module and it works fine, great. But the next thing
you expect is that it is active for all photos by default and not having to
do it explicitily every session.
Here you have to start investigating the documentation and googling, then
you have to understand what are the presets, how to program one, etc. It
works with new photos, great. But then you realize that it doesn't work for
the existing photos, reimporting doesnt help.
Some more googling and you understand that it is because those photos
already had a sidecar and then the preset is not applied, good to know.
Well, all together is a pain and I spent a lot of time for something that
seems very basic.

Maybe it was already discussed or it is not a good idea But I think that a
clear and understable setting would be easier than having to perform all
the investigation and setting up things by yourself when you are not yet
familiar with the software and the terms. Googling and finding 'activate
the setting' would be easier than having to learn to set up the preset by
yourself, IMHO.
It is just an idea trying to help, maybe there are better options or it is
not posible at all.
Thanks!