* Frank J. <newslet...@fotodrachen.de> [02-23-19 10:05]:
> Am 21.02.19 um 14:09 schrieb fht233:
> > This setting could be active by default (in my opinion) or not. I dont
> > know if this would have some negative effect in some cases.  I think
> > that other software and even some cameras do it by default to produce
> > the jpg.
>
> +1
>
> I put on "Lens Correction" manually for nearly every single picture.
> It would be an improvement to have a global option like
>
>    "Apply lens correction by default"
>
>  - on new pictures while importing
> When
>  - Camera can be detected
>  - Lens can be detected
>  - Focus length can be detected.

posted to OP:

  you provide a lot of information about your desires, but sadly very
  little about your system or dt version.  iianm, what you desire is
  available and has been for some time.  there is a preset for the "lens
  correction" module, "Auto Apply Lens Correction" but you must set the
  module on perhaps using a style.  mine is on but forgive ancient memory
  I cannot see how.

  fwiw: openSUSE Tumbleweed
        darktable git507.3a9b488eb

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode