On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 11:08:24 -0400
Patrick Shanahan <p...@opensuse.org> wrote:

> * ternaryd <terna...@gmail.com> [04-20-19 03:37]:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got a sequence of images with an
>> overexposed, white background. However,
>> there are some areas, particularly in the
>> corners, where overexposure wasn't strong
>> enough, so I'd like to draw some polygons
>> with a wide feathering area and fill that
>> with some color, in this case white.
>>
>> An attempt to use the exposure module with a
>> drawn mask, increasing the exposure didn't
>> work, because I would have to add so much
>> light, that the feathering area becomes
>> solid. So obviously, I picked the wrong
>> tool.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this in darktable?
>
> you might try the vignetting module.

This comes closer than expected, as I wasn't
aware of the fact, that I can choose a positive
falloff, and even a rectangular shape. But
unfortunately, perspective forces me to require
a skewed rectangle too, and some other
irregular shapes.

Also, the next question would have been, if it
is possible to cut out a piece of somewhere
(e.g., the texture of a floor) and copy it to a
different place, like sort of a large area
cloning with irregular shapes and feathering.

Judging your other posts, it seem, there is
actually no way to do this with darktable. And
that's a pitty.

Thanks anyway