On mardi 6 août 2019 14:41:33 CEST Anna Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to edit the exif field "lensmodel" (I am not sure though if
> that's really the name of the field, well, I hope you know what I mean),
> since I am often using manual lenses, I would probably edit several
> photos at a time and select them manually.
Iirc, that field in EXIF is just a 1-byte value, which is why the lens given
is often wrong with 3-party lenses. It also means you can't put in a
recognised value for manual lenses (there isn't any).

Also, the metadata editor would probably be limited to the XMP part of the
metadata (dt refuses to modify raw files). I'm not sure there's a standard XMP
field for the lensmodel as an UTF-8 string value (and no idea what value to
put in there, unless it's there strictly for private use).

Remco