On mercredi 7 août 2019 08:24:20 CEST jys wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, at 07:06, Remco Viëtor wrote:
> > Iirc, that field in EXIF is just a 1-byte value, which is why the lens
> > given is often wrong with 3-party lenses. It also means you can't put in
> > a recognised value for manual lenses (there isn't any).
>
> Well, actually, there's the EXIF LensModel (0xa434) tag, which takes a
> string. If you assign a string to image.exif_lens using Lua, it will be
> matched against in the lensfun module and be shown in the image info, but
> won't be written to exported files... you have to script up some external
> (exiftool or exiv2) operation to do that on export, currently.

Thanks, didn't know about that one. But, it is an XMP tag in the Exif name
space only, from what I saw, so not a tag in the EXIF part of the metadata.

Still, if there would be a possibility to tell dt which lenses you actually
possess, it might be possible to get the XMP field filled out automatically,
which would be useful, especially in relation with lensfun/lens correction.

Remco