Hi Patrick,

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 5:14 AM Patrick Shanahan <p...@opensuse.org> wrote:

> * Marco DE BOOIJ <marco.maill...@debooy.eu> [08-06-19 17:16]:
> > I need my pictures in an square format of 1734x1734 pixels. I use the
> crop
> > module for this. My problem is 2 fold. First of all it is not easy to
> drag
> > it to the exact dimension. The second problem is that if I export it to
> a 16
> > bit TIFF image the size is often 1 bit smaller. Is there a way to enter
> the
> > exact size? It is possible in other modules to enter an exact value.

I've had a similar problem before and solved it by exporting the picture
slightly larger (1 or 2px) and then cropping it with ImageMagick (convert
-crop or -geom or so..).

> > I know that I can enter sizes when I export but this will change the
> image
> > even if it is just a little bit (shrink, expand).
>

> iirc:
> <right><click> in the crop module and type your parameters

whereever I click on the crop module, I either get the drop down menu for
the various options or the slider for the rotation angle.

and I believe it is in the fine manual

It's not from what I can see:

https://www.darktable.org/usermanual/en/modules.html

But you can define your own aspect ratios in the config fwiw.

Cheers!