Rawtherapee reads the raw photos no problem!Sent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Patrick Shanahan <p...@opensuse.org>
Date: 2019-08-18  8:01 p.m.  (GMT-04:00) To: darktable-user@lists.darktable.org
Subject: Re: [darktable-user] Problems when Opening Fujifilm X-T30 raw files *
Patrick Shanahan <p...@opensuse.org> [08-18-19 18:59]:> * David Vincent-Jones
<david...@gmail.com> [08-18-19 13:38]:> > Thanks Patrick .... the problem
exists in the same way whether downloading> > from the card directly or through
the camera. The problem does not appear to> > be a function of my process.> > >
> David> > > > On 8/18/19 10:18 AM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:> > > * David
Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com> [08-18-19 12:19]:> > > > I have,
intermittently, had similar problems importing images directly from> > > > my
Fuji X-Pro2. Sometimes there is the error message and occasionally the> > > >
import goes ahead but until the last image is in place all of the thumbnails> >
> > are totally blank, then they all open correctly.> > > > > > > > Sometimes I
just need a dt restart, sometimes I update the git ... neither> > > > is a
satisfactory solution. I have mentioned these problems previously on> > > >
this forum and had no response so assumed that it was my system at fault.> > >
> > * nikted <nik...@gmail.com> [08-18-19 11:14]:> > > > > > Thank you Frank!I
believe the raw files are the same for X-T3 and X-T30, since both cameras have
the same processor.The photos load in the Lightroom but then when try to open a
raw, (*.raf, file type) image, i get the message that it can't read the white
balance. I am very surprised that no body else has reported the same issue.I
wish i could find a solution so i can use Darktable...Thanks again,NjckSent
from Samsung tablet.> > > > > > -------- Original message --------From: "Frank
J." <newslet...@fotodrachen.de> Date: 2019-08-18  7:15 a.m.  (GMT-04:00) To:
darktable-user@lists.darktable.org Subject: Re: [darktable-user] Problems when
Opening Fujifilm X-T30 raw files Am 15.08.19 um 21:21 schrieb nikted:> Hello,>
> I am using the latest Darktable for Windows version. I have a Fujifilm >
X-T30 camera. When try to open any photo on raw format, i get a message >
saying : It can't read the white balance and it fails to load the photo. > Is
this a known problem? Any suggestions on how to resolve it?..> NickHallo,you
can find supported cameras on
https://www.darktable.org/resources/camera-support/I see Fujifilm X-T20, X-T3,
X30, ... but no "Fujifilm
X-T30".--Frank____________________________________________________________________________darktable
 user mailing listto unsubscribe send a mail to
darktable-user+unsubscr...@lists.darktable.org> > > > > perhaps you can provide
the requested sample images as described here:> > > > >
https://raw.pixls.us/> > > > > so darktable can be configured to recognize your
raw images.> > > > > > > > > > > > > I would suggest saving your expensive
camera battery and change to> > > removing the memory card and utilizing a card
reader to transfer your> > > images.> > > > > > but ...> > > > > > I cannot
comment on those problems as I do not follow that regimen.> > > > > > then you
have a defective card or camera ???disregard that.  I would "guess" the raw
file format is not recognizedcorrectly or hasn't been decoded.  might check
using rawtherapee but Ibelieve they both utilize the same decoding.I still
would not dl directly from my camera, use a card reader.-- (paka)Patrick
Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA
@ptilopterihttp://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member
facebook/ptilopteriPhotos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @
IRCnet