Hi Bruce,

Looking at the snippet of log here it would seem that there are issues
with the Rawspeed module. This 'sub-module' needs to be initialized
after updating from GIT but before running the build.sh script.

This is documented somewhere but I can't put my finger on it at present.

These are the commands that I use to update from Git and build dt.

 cd /home/xxxx/darktable

 git pull
 git submodule init
 git submodule update
 ./build.sh

 cd build make darktable-usermanual
 make darktable-lua-api
 cd ..
 sudo cmake --build "/home/xxxx/darktable/build" --target install -- -j4

  Not sure if this will move you forward or not .....

R.