I understand, but these options need sudo rights. If someone wanted to install without sudo rights, then configuring build script might be a viable option.

As I said earlier, I have not built darktable itself, but have built (or struggled to build) plenty of other complicated systems.

Anyways, happy that problem is solved.

Regards,

Niranjan