Hi Alex,

I build from source since I didn't want to wait any longer. I did a dry
run on a virtual machine first and then on my "productive" machine.
I followed the instruction on  https://www.darktable.org/install/ and
the link at the end of the Current release from source:

Here are my steps (I use fedora 31)

Minimal dependencies:**
`sudo dnf install cmake gcc-c++ intltool gtk3-devel libxml2-devel
lensfun-devel librsvg2-devel sqlite-devel libcurl-devel
libjpeg-turbo-devel libtiff-devel lcms2-devel json-glib-devel
exiv2-devel pugixml-devel libxslt`

**Optional dependenies:**
`sudo dnf install libgphoto2-devel OpenEXR-devel libwebp-devel
flickcurl-devel openjpeg-devel openjpeg2-devel libsecret-devel
GraphicsMagick-devel osm-gps-map-devel colord-devel colord-gtk-devel
cups-devel python3-jsonschema`

**Usermanual:**
`sudo dnf install saxon ImageMagick gnome-doc-utils fop docbook-dtds
docbook-style-xsl java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel`

**Translated man pages:**
`sudo dnf install po4a`

**and for cmake:**
`sudo dnf install make`

I don't know if you need everything since the description is for fedora
24 / 25...

dt3 downloaden (.tar.xz-file):
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/tag/release-3.0.0

 .tar.xz file unpack, I copied it in /home/user/dt3

in Terminal goto `/home/user/dt3`

```
$ mkdir build && cd build/
$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..