On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 00:37:44 +0100
dt-l...@stefan-klinger.de wrote:

> Aurélien, the author of the french text, seems pretty knowledgable
> (I do not doubt his competence at all),

He'd better be because my understanding is that he is one of main
contributor to the development of DT. (I think that he's the top
contributor).

> clear views about what is right and what is wrong.  While I'm very
> inclined to follow his advice, from my own experience, I know that
> knowledgable people, even within their own field, do not necessary
> agree on the... well, more trenchant cornerstones of their
> respective views. So, no offence, I wonder whether Aurélien's views
> reflect the ideas of the darktable team, or why they seem (in my
> view) to be communicated a little bit outside of what I'd take as
> an official indication of where Darktable is heading?

My understanding is that he wrote the new filmic module and he did a
few youtube videos (at least 2) to explain the technical aspects of
it. Also see:

https://discuss.pixls.us/t/darktable-3-0-for-dummies-hardcore-edition/15864

and

https://discuss.pixls.us/t/darktable-3-0-for-dummies-in-3-modules/15849