So Patrick, I think the issue is that Subhash had all the scripts from the
contrib archive enabled, but some of them are not very robustly coded and
so fail on a Mac (eg. autostyle will look in darktablerc for a path to the
exiftool binary, and if it doesn’t find it, then on Linux systems only it
will use “which” command to try to locate it. In fact, for macOS it should
also use “which” command, it is only Windows where this method should be
skipped).

As such, I suggested to only add lua scripts that are actively needed, one
by one as needed, and this makes it easier to identify a badly written
script.

Do you know how these scripts are maintained? Can we use the darktable
issue tracker to document issues and propose a PR that corrects such
problems? Or whom should I contact if I have a PR that addresses issues
with the lua scripts?