Internal on my laptop, card reader connected with USB cable on my desktop. External Hard Drive is not supported

On 13/3/20 12:54 pm, Rod Cerkoney wrote:
Is your SD-Card reader internal to you machine? Or is it an external peripheral
connected with a USB cable?

I do exactly as you, but my SD-Card appears as part of the file system, and DT
behaves as such, importing only a reference to the file location, and not
making a copy.

I've seen a video on YouTube where things behave as you describe, but the
SD-card reader is an external USB peripheral. I'm beginning the believe that
Linux treats SD card readers differently depending upon whether thay are
internal or a USB peripheral. And then, that difference determines how DT will
behave.

--
Rod